Kabees Mshakkal (Pickles) is an appetizer composed of carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, garlic, onions, and cauliflower florets.
- 2 cups peeled and sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced cucumbers
- 2 cups seedless sliced bell peppers
- 2 cups peeled garlic cloves
- 10 peeled small onions
- 2 cups of cauliflower florets
- 2 cups vinegar
- ½ cup coarse salt
- 8 cups water
- Dissolve salt in water, add vinegar and stir over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil. Put aside to cool.
- Arrange mixed vegetables in sterilized jars. Add strained liquid to cover. Sprinkle some olive oil over.
- Close jars tightly.