Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Chicken with Bashamel Sauce and Basil الدجاج مع البشاميل والريحان
I love chicken parmigiana but to be honest, Mozarella cheese is never a staple in my home and I usually cook with staples. I will easily make meals that require mozarella, except i will just like the cheese out. Here i made a chicken parmigiana style chicken except I used Bechamel sauce instead of cheese and I sprinkled dried basil instead of parsley. Oh and by the way, basil is amazing, really it smells fantastic dried of fresh. Try my recipe.
2 chicken breasts butterflied with knife (ask butcher to do it)
2 eggs whisked
2 cups of plain breadcrumbs
1/2 cup tomato puree
salt and pepper
Oil for frying
Bechamel1 tablespoon of butter
3 cups of milk
1/2 cup plain flour
What to do:
1. Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper and italian seasoning.
2. In seperate bowl wisk 2 eggs with salt and pepper. Place chicken in the bowl. (yes the bowl with eggs)
3. Coat chicken in Breadcrumbs. set aside for later.
4. Make quick bashamel by putting all ingredients for bashamel in sauce pan and stir on medium heat until it thickens. add salt and pepper.
5. Heat a skillet with enough oil to shallow fry the chicken. Fry on both sides until golden and the remove, drain on paper towels, then place in baking dish.
6. Spread some tomatoe puree or any italian tomato pasta sauce on chicken. Top with layer of bashamel. Bake in oven until bashamel forms a crust. ( dont pay attention to mine, I couldnt wait.)
7. Sprinkle with dried or fresh basil before serving.