Monday, April 25, 2011
2 cups of diced pumkin
1 packet of frozen spinach
2 cups of mushrooms thick sliced
1 onion diced
3 cups of low fat ricotta ricotta
1 tablespoon of italian seasoning
1 jar of italian pasta sauce (their delicious so go ahead use some!)
1 packet of no boil lasagna (make life easier!)
1. boil diced pumkin for 20 minutes. Drain place in bowl and mash lighlty. add salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. saute some spinach with half the diced onion and salt and pepper. If theres any juices drain.
3. saute mushrooms with the rest of the onion with salt and pepper. set aside.
4. In a bowl combine ricotta cheese, egg, italian herbs, some mozerella cheese, and salt and pepper. set aside.
5. Take a rectangle baking dish and begin layering by putting some sauce down the bottom, a layer of lasagna, sauce and then ricotta cheese followed by spinach. Then a layer of lasagna, sauce, ricotta, then mushrooms, then a layer of lasagna, sauce, pumkin and keep repeating until you run out of fillings but remember you have to put a layer of sauce on top of each lasagna to help it cook. the final layer top off with sauce then plenty of mozeralla cheese. (my favourite). add some parmesan if you have some and then cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes, uncovered 10 minutes or until cheese forms a light crust.
Serve with garlic bread and salad. Perfect!